Monday, January 23, 2012

Royal

I actually purchased this unintentionally, I meant to pick up Cameo Blue instead! Oh well, I must have liked Mount Royal enough in the store to buy it, right? Mount Royal is a dusty royal blue cream, simple as that. It applied fantastic in one coat, it has a thicker consistency that most of my other polishes but applies nice and smoothly.

To finish this look off I applied a coat of NYC's quick dry top coat. Mount Royal dried pretty quick on it's own, but the top coat added the perfect amount of gloss. And wouldn't you know it, I forgot to take a photo :(


That is before I did some fauxnading. I used Bundle Monster plate BM-224. I used two opiates to stamp with to create a gradient effect. I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Brisk Blue and Color Club's Take Me To Your Chateau.

I really like the effect, tone on tone with the gradient gave it some depth.

7 comments:

  1. I like this one a lot! The royal blue is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this American Apparel and it is stunning!!!! I need to wear it again! Your stamping is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I'm rather partial to deep blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, glad you like it :) I wish you could see the gradient more in the photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blue is so pretty :O And i love the monochrome look you got going with the lighter blue to stamp with! Really lovely.

    Also curious how are the newer BM plates? I only have the first set and feel like it was a 50/50 with the plates i got.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm actually pretty impressed, both with the designs and quality of the new plates. The full nail designs are much larger and there are a great selection of designs. I did find that some images were not imprinted deeply enough, but customer service was awesome. I just let them know the plates that were not giving a new stamp and they sent me the new plates, no questions asked ASAP. I ended up giving the "defective" plates to my cousin as some of the design on the plate were still workable.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)