Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back in Action + My Top 5!

Hello! I can't believe how 2012 flew by. I originally ment to post this on December 31st, but my internet went down a few days prior and I was away from my computer until today!  I had my top 5 picks for New Years Eve 2012 which is obviously late, but better late than never, right? Below is my list!

China Glaze Champaign Kisses
I love this gold foil and even wore it on New Years Eve back in 2010! This is a nice warm gold that is not too yellow and only needs two coats. This is my favorite gold polish.


Sephora by OPI Looks Like Rain Dear
This is another gave of mine, I wore this for New Years Eve last year. The polish shade is more yellow than the previous polish and from what I can tel has no base colour. This consists of fine and flecked pieces of gold glitter/shimmer and medium hex prismatic glitter. This one is a real sparkler!


Orly Sweet Peacock
Generally I love my silver and gold polishes for New Years Eve, however I wanted to showcase other shades and I thought this would work as well. Sweet Peacock is my favourite blue foil. It is so rich and deeply pigmented, it really glows and shines. My photos show only two coats.


Sephora by OPI Flurry Up
Although this polish is a polish topper it can be used over most other polishes to add a little something special. Flurry up is composed of large silver hexagonal and small glitter in a clear base. I find that once the polish is dry it does not leave a super glossy finish, I like to apply a shiny top coat over it. Other options if you don't like silver including:
-Only Gold for Me - gold version
-Traffic Stopper Copper - copper/bronze version


Essie also has similar glitters in their Luxe Effects line which include silver, pink and blue!

China Glaze Glistening Snow
This is my 2012 New Years Eve polish! I originally thought I going wear the gold version, Angel Wings, but I really fell for this beauty and knew I had to wear it right away!

Stay tuned for the next post for more info on this polish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)