Tuesday, December 10, 2013

China Glaze Dash Of Dazzle Set - Part One

I received a wonderful holiday set of China Glaze polishes for review from NailPolishCanada.com just in time for December! China Glaze usually puts out some a good array of gift sets for the holidays and this year was no exception. I received the Dash of Dazzle set for review, it contains three polishes which compliment each other quite well, Mingle With Kringle, So Blue Without You and Bells Will Be Blinging.

 photo IMGP7629_zpseb7395a6.jpg

 photo IMGP7633_zps37471bb9.jpg

Mingle With Kringle is a bold gold foil polish. The formula on this one is great, no issues to report on application and it was not streaky at all. My swatch below is two coats. I have read this is a close dupe for Zoya, Ziv, apat of their 2012 holiday/winter Ornate collection which I hope is true because I love that shade and was not able to get my hands on it! Check out The PolishAholic swatches for  Ziv here, its all the way at the end of the post.

 photo IMGP7638_zpsdd339bb2.jpg

 photo IMGP7711_zpse84b4d4d.jpg

Next up is So Blue Without You, another foil, this time in a medium blue shade. I really love this colour, so much prettier on the nail than in the bottle. It has that blackened look at the edges of the nail that gives it more dimension than your average foil. My swatch below shows two coats.

 photo IMGP7636_zps2d7fc5e3.jpg

 photo IMGP7712_zps0fbed348.jpg


Last but not least is Bells Will Be Blinging, a must have from this collection in my opinion! I love glitter around the holidays and this one is nothing like I have seen before from China Glaze. Various sized blue and silver holo glitter make up this fun topper. This would looks great layered over either of the fist two polishes.

 photo IMGP7634_zpsa3e48bc8.jpg

 photo IMGP7707_zpsd1792336.jpg

The set as a whole is love for me, I got to choose between this and the Touch of Twinkle set (mostly red/pink shades) and this one is totally me. Not only is is great around the holidays on its own or in nail art, but also in the months after December. This is definitely a winner for me :)

 photo IMGP7705_zps0eb6eaf2.jpg
indirect lighting
 photo IMGP7733_zps5d1e7317.jpg
natural lighting

Stay tuned tomorrow for part two of my review which includes wear of the polish and more swatches.

*This product was sent to me for an honest review, all views expressed are my own honest option.

1 comment:

  1. I picked the other set because I am not a huge fan of lighter blues..but this looks so lovely! Might need to pick this up...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)