Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Brand Sparkin' New Year!

It's that time of the year again... blog catch up! Starting off with one of the two New Years Eve inspired manis I rocked the last week of 2015, China Glaze Brand Sparkin' New Year.



Brand Sparkin' New Year is a deep purple jelly with various sizes and colours of reflective sparkly glitter! I got a lot of compliments on this one. I decided to do the glue glitter removal base since I have not done it in a while and keep my sanity during removal of this dense glitter polish.


I applied (as thiny as humanly possible with glue) one coat of the "peel base", essentially white school glue in an old polish bottle. After waiting patiently for it to dry (when clear) I applied two coats of Brand Sparklin' New Year. On the first coat the base was sheer, however the second built up very deep. I may try layering this over a base of plum next time so the glitter shines a bit more. I found that the base was so deep on the second coat it hid the beautiful glitter.


Out of focus sparkles!
All in all I enjoyed wearing this polish for about three days before I had the satisfaction of peeling it right off with no damage to my nail or struggle to remove the glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)