Thursday, July 15, 2010

China Glaze: Lemon Fizz - Nail Fail

Hi Ladies!

I have a nail fail for you today...



Let me start off my saying I love this colour, this is one of the few only yellow polishes I can see myself wearing, BUT the application for this was horrible, so thick and streaky! AND, to make things worse, I had used a new Sally Hansen base coat which bubbled under it! I was so frustrated with this one. I think I wore it for a day and then applied one of my Sally Hansen Prisms over top to try and hide the bubbles... It didn't work very well as you can see in the photos.




I will one day give it another try with my China Glaze base coat and see how application works then with a little bit more thinner. On a positive note I didn't experience any chipping :)

I kinda like how the top coat prism makes the yellow shine, but subtlety, I may try this combo again as well.

How was your application with the the Up and Away Collection? What is your favorite colour?

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have better luck next time with the application. It looks like a great color, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zara :) I will try it again, I think it was mostly the base coats fault, it was really thick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when you have a polish you want to like but the application/formula is the suck! The shimmer on top is a nice touch. I don't wear yellow because I have a lot of yellow in my skin tone and it never works. Good luck next time! Oh, and I don't have any of the Up & Away collection, but I really want Light As Air (lavender).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have light as air, but i still have not worn it, it's such a pretty colour in the bottle :) i'm trying to wear all of my untried summer colours before summer is over, so I might try that one in the fall, i love how it works for both spring and fall :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)