Friday, March 11, 2011

Mani Refresh... fails

Hello ladies,

Happy Friday :) Finally, the work week has come to an end. Today I have some mani refreshes to share with you that I literally applied, photographed and removed lol. I find that I have so many options for nail art to dress up a plain old mani that I can't make up my mind entirely on what I want to do to my nails or add too much. Do you feel the same way sometimes? Anyways, on to the fail-manis.

First I have my refresh for China Glaze, Sea Spray. I found this cool copper shimmery polish (from my local haul post earlier in the week) the same day I did this to my nails. It sounded like a good idea, I thought this polish would be a lot more sheer that it turned out to be. I expected to have little copper flecks over the blue, but the polish was a little more opaque than I thought...



As you can see it ended out coming more streaky, I was going for something similar to houw the pinky came out, a thin, shimmery coat.

Next I decided to add some fauxnad, a bull nail pattern with a BM plate in black... bad idea :(



Now it looks like there is too much going on. I think if i had used just Sea Spray and the fauxnad pattern it would look alright, but this is too much for me.

Next mani I killed? The beautiful Revlon, Gum Drop.

It started off innocent enough, a subtle leopard pattern, but for some searson when I added a top coat of Pure Ice, Busted. The pattern would have been ok on it's own, but it was the sparkle that was too much.



For some odd reason thought my dotting tools would help, but that just made it worse...


Maybe if I had used a slightly darkler purple for the dotting it wouldn't have looked too bad. Oh well, next time.

Do you ever have days like these where your mani doesn't come out the way you thought it would in your head?

5 comments:

  1. I like the dotting! That pure ice is a nice color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about too many options. I can sit and sit contemplating what I'm going to do and not come up with anything. Crazy with as many polishes as I have I should be able to come up with SOMTHING. :) I've had more than my fair share of fails, you're braver than I for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm faced with too many options every time I look at my collection and then what do I do? Go buy more. LOL I like the stamped design - though I totally get the whole "too much going on" thing. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who gets failed nail art ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like the first one - it looks like you konaded over a lovely textured background!

    Yes, I have nail art issues some times. I actually try out my more time-consuming ideas on a nail wheel first to save myself the pain of being disappointed later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol I'm glad I'm not the only one. Sometimes it's so hard to make up my mind!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)