Monday, January 30, 2012

Underwater Sparkle

I finally tried out this gorgeous glitter after almost a year! Claire's Chunky Blue is a deep blue jelly saturated with blue micro glitter and silver hex glitter that appears blue under the jelly polish. The glitter suspended in the jelly base adds some great depth. I have many photos today to show you the depth this polish has. The two photos below are with my lamp light.



I thought I would have needed multiple coats to reach full opacity but only two were needed. The formula was pretty easy to work with considering there were decent sized pieces of hex glitter.


This looks soo cool, it remindes me of Deboraph Lippmann's Across the Universe but I can assure you that they are definitely not dupes. The main difference being the hex glitter colour and base colour being darker.



Removal wasn't too bad considering it's packed with glitter. I attempted to remove manually, but half way decided to finish of with the foil method. I had done some house cleaning the day before removal and it just destroyed the polish! cracks and chips everywhere. Other than that it did last on my nails without chipping for a good amount of time, probably just under a week!


I actually purchased 2 of these, Claire's was having their 10 for $10 promo and I needed a couple of extra polishes to equal 10. I have the magenta version of this as well, also never worn. Do you own any of these glitters from Claire's?



2 comments:

  1. I bought this one a couple of years ago and love it. I wish I'd bought the magenta & the green, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I don't own any claire's polishes but this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)