Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Whimsical...

Today I have a much sought after polish, Revlon Whimsical. As you probably already know this is also dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in The Air.


Since my nails are shorter than normal I figured I would build up the polish on it's own without a base colour, I wouldn't wast as much polish on longer nails, right? Four coats later this is what I got:


For some reason this doesn't look so dreamy on my nails alone, it almost looks murky. I regret not using a pale blue base. There are many that come to mind as a great base too, like China Glaze's Sea Spray or $OPI, Havana Nights. I will definitely layer one coat beneath Whimsical the next time I wear it.


Some good points about the polish are it applied well, no real issues. I got some bubbles since I did not let the (four) layers dry fully before application of the next coat. The good thing is you can't really tell, it's like the final coat of Seche Vite froze them in time lol.


Another great thing about this polish is the depth between the layers, I love polishes like this. I don't love it on it's own, but I know I will with a base of light blue. So how do I cope without removal of a fresh new mani? Why stamping if course ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I just my hands on this polish myself but I havent tried it out yet. :D Thanks for the heads up though,I'll be sure to put down a base first. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)