Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Rainy Daze

The weather has been so up and down lately; warm, cool, sunny, grey. The last week it has been mostly grey and rainy, so inspired by the weather I busted out China Glazes Rainstorm. It pretty much sums up how I felt the day I applied it, blah!




Don't get me wrong though, I do love this polish. It is a soft periwinkle blue with a slight purple irridecence that only seems to show in artificial lighting. My favorite thing about this polish? The light blue glitter scattered throughout, it's subtle but special.




Now for the one thing I don't like about this polish, the opacity. I guess it makes sense that it's a thinner polish, how else would the glitter poke through, right? The mistake I made was not using an opaque base. Next time I will defiantly do that. Shown on my nails are 3 coats. I half regret not applying a fourth, mostly because dry time would have driven me nuts! Even with Seche Vite it took a little bit of time to completely dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)