Friday, May 18, 2012

Colour Blocking

Happy, Happy Friday!! Plus it's the long weekend! WOOOT! Believe it or not this mani was half inspired by a child! A couple weeks back I saw this little girl with polish on her nails. It was adorable, she had the tiniest little fingernails with a baby pink and mint green on alternating fingers! She picked out the colours and everything, super cute right? The most adorable thing is that she matched the colours to the dress she was wearing that day. I regret not getting a photo!


I loved the colour combo and thought that I could take the idea and make it my own, although this is nothing new. The weather has been great and summery so I am finally ready to bust out some summer colours.
My boyfriend however kept referring to them as Easter nails lol.
I chose Sinful Colors Beautiful Girl which I purcahsed apart of the Adventure Island collection (although I'm pretty sure it was a re-promote from another collection), and $OPI IM Beauty. Beautiful Girl is a bright summer pink creme that is not a neon, but still nice and bright. IM Beauty is a thin creme yellow, no too much else to describe this colour lol I feel like it complimented Beautiful Girl perfectly. I had considered using china Glaze's Lemon Fizz but thoughtit would be to pastel/light.


Beautiful Girl needed some thinner to apply evenly. Two regular coats plus one thinner coat on top was all I needed. IM Beauty was a little bit of a problem child, but also needed two regular coats and one final thin coat to look decent. Not too bad for a yellow. I used IM Beauty on the left ring finger and thumb and right pointer and pinky! I wanted to mix it up a bit. I like the idea of alternating every finger or having an accent nail, but  I felt that this was more fun :)


One final coat of Seche Vite sealed and evened everything up nicely. I was actually surprised how nicely this came out as I was rushing so I could go to bed after lol No dents or sheet marks when I woke up so sumer happy :)

6 comments:

  1. I like the way you alternated finger. This does look Summery!

    btw what a stylish little girl haha :) too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you like it. She was too cute I wish I had a photo of her nails!

      Delete
  2. how fun. i love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I may do this more in the future :)

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)