Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Turks and Caicos

... It's where I'd like to be right now. Sure the weather has been great lately but I really just need to get away from it all. I need a vacation! Don't we all!


Although the certainty of a tropical vacation any time soon is unclear, I have the most gorgeous shade of turquoise on my nails now to remind me of the clear blue sea. Essie's Turquoise and Caicos is a turquoise polish that has this jelly-like finish to it, although it is not a jelly lol. I only needed two moderate coats to reach opacity but added a very thin third to even everything out.


It's so shiny and perfect, I love it! I added Seche Vite for some extra shine. I feel like I haven't worn a nice bright turquoise in a while now, I'm glad I chose it.


Also, not sure if you noticed but I trimmed my nails. I was making too many typos while at work and on my laptop so they had to be shortened. I like this length :)

8 comments:

  1. I really like the jelly-like finish that this polish has. I am not a big fan of essie, but this one is a hit :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, it is a gorgeous shade for sure. I don;t own a lot of Essies, but the one's I do own I love :)

      Delete
  2. I love this color. I'm going to a wedding this weekend and I think I'm gong to paint my nails this color! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the perfect shade for a wedding. I am actually in a bridal part in July and the dresses are close to this colour, just a little more blue

      Delete
  3. I'm making a lot oft typos too! But I don't want to file mines down! This color looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol sometimes my nails just get in the way. I hate cutting for filing them down, I usually mess up the shape if I haven't for a long time.

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)