Friday, August 31, 2012

Avocado Nails

HAPPY FRIDAY!! and Long weekend ;)

Inspired by the colour of my most recently applied polish, Zoya's Tracie, I created some nail art with avocados in mind :) I was also partly inspired by a post on Chalkboard Nails of some some lovely avocado nail art inspired by the latest OPI fall collection.


I used Bundle Monster plate 212, at first glance this pattern reminded me of peacock feathers, but when stamped on green they are sooo tiny little avocados :) I stamped with an older Sally Hanson Diamond Strength, Jade. In the bottle it is a deep, almost black green with emerald green glitter. When stamped it appears to be a simple murky green which I think is the perfect contrast.


For the ring fingers I dotted the "pits" with two polishes, Crushed Grape (SH New Lengths Ceramics) and Ruby Red (Sally Hanson Diamond Strength), purple and red shimmers. These are also older Sally Hansen Polishes. I kind of wish I used a more subtle, lighter colour for the pits, I feel like they stand out a little too much.

What do to think? Are you inspired by food for nail art?

4 comments:

  1. Okay, Okay you persuaded me to try my hand at doing my nails. I wish I could show you my first attempt LOL. My nails will be done by this afternoon. BTW the nail art is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! The more you practice the better you get. Just another excuse to paint your nails more often ;)

      Delete
  2. I forgot to add, I have some old Sally Hanson Chromes I bought because I loved that line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I remember when they first came out as well, I thought they were so cool but only purchased one I found at the dollar store a while after they were released. I now own a bunch of different chromes in a bunch of different colours, they are great for stamping with!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)