Friday, May 10, 2013

J-E-L-L-O - Fail or Win?

Happy Friday! I don't know how to feel about my latest mani. I used two really cool polishes but am not sure it was right to use them together! I started off with American Apparel Zuma Beach, which is a kiwi green jelly, this is apart of their "Sheer" collection of polishes. American Apparel polishes rarely disappoint and Zuma Beach was no exception. This has got to be one of the best jelly formulas I have ever come across!

 photo IMGP6473_zps4fd33747.jpg

 photo IMGP6472_zps35c2e07c.jpg

It applies mostly sheer in one coat, but builds up nicely with two coats. Three coats gives full coverage. I wish I had taken a photo of my nails with Zuma Beach on it's own, but I decided to do a jelly sandwich! My glitter of choice? Wet n' Wild School of Pyrotechnics, a limited edition multi-coloured hex glitter released last summer.

 photo IMGP6469_zpsd161f9cf.jpg

 photo IMGP6475_zpsae617891.jpg

The formula on School of Pyrotechnics was a bit weird, the clear base was a little runny, which is better than being too thick, however I found it took a bit of effort to get the glitter in the nail. Using the blotting method I tried my best to apply as much glitter as I could. I added the glitter over two coats of Zuma Beach, then added one last coat of School of Pyrotechnics to sandwich it in!

 photo IMGP6477_zps465c360b.jpg


At first it kind of reminded me of jello with fruit suspended within, but once I noticed how kiwi the colour was in different lighting I regretted not using a black glitter for kiwi nails! I'm still not sure how I feel about the mani as a whole. I do really like Zuma Beach though, such an effortless glossy jelly. What do you think, yay or nay?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. glad you liked it! my boyfriend and I both compared it to "clown puke" lol. It was an interesting combo for sure!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)