Thursday, November 21, 2013

De-texturing A Liquid Sand

Although I love the finish of OPI, Get Your Number apart of the Mariah Carry Liquid Sands collection (released last year), I just had to see what it looked like with a nice glossy top coat! I first added a thin layer of topcoat over Get Your Number and stamped with a Born Pretty Store dupe plate for Konad M-77. I was actually inspired by a summer look I did with the same design a few years back, you can view that here.

 photo IMGP7559_zps278fc740.jpg

 photo IMGP7564_zps6722afff.jpg

 photo IMGP7565_zps6c02ead8.jpg

I applied the necklace designs to my ring fingers and thumbs and accented with a tiny pearl on each nail. I added a final layer of top coat to seal the design and was done! My photos were taken right after application, so they looks nice and glossy. I would probably need one last layer if topcoat to make this mani smooth and super glossy. The sandy texture really absorbs the top coat!

 photo IMGP7575_zpsde4d5434.jpg

 photo IMGP7562_zps023ca86f.jpg

 photo IMGP7574_zpse9fdeaef.jpg

After trying this polish with and without topcoat I would have to say I prefer it on its own without a topcoat, I lot less effort plus it is so tough and long wearing! I thought that applying a top coat would make removal a bit easier, but I think it actually made it worse! That is the only thing I dislike about glitter polish, it takes more work than usual to remove, lots of scrubbing!

1 comment:

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)