Thursday, October 23, 2014

Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble

These two polishes were pretty much made for each other. I got them at different times and happened to swatch them right beside each other and they looked to me a good layering combo. The names even match slightly! I used Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Style maker as my base and layered Sinful Colors Cauldron Couture over top. Although the initial tie in is fashion, this is a Halloween themed mani. Cauldron Couture is apart of Sinful Color's Halloween collection this year. I am heading across the boarder this weekend and am hoping to pick up a few more shades from this collection, wish me luck! 


Cauldron Couture is a glitter polish in a clear base made up of various sized and shaped matte black and shiny green glitter. I mostly see hex and random shaped shards of each colour of glitter. I originally thought this polish was a black base with green glitter. I didn't figure this out until I got home! I do love it though. I only needed one good coat and some dabs to get a good coat on top of the green base.



It wore fantastically too, I only took it off because I wanted to chop my nails down a bit, I got some minor breaks. I blame it on the cooler, drying weather. I kind of want to try this over something bold like a bright orange, maybe even a neutral. Mixing it with other Halloween glitters is another fun idea! I'll have to keep these in mind for next year.


The green glitter matches Style maker almost exactly which can look pretty cool in certain lighting. This was a fun mani to wear, I got a lot of compliments :)

1 comment:

  1. Lol they really are made for each other! Perfect combo :-D

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)