Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another Revlon - Duchrome & It's Scented?

Last week my boyfriend and I were at Wal-Mart picking up a prescription when I wandered in to the makeup isle while we waited for it to be filled. My boyfriend was the one who actually spotted this polish and said he wanted to buy it for me! How sweet, right :)


I had seen Revlon's Not So Blueberry on blogs before, but never really understood why it was so popular, to me it just looked like a light blue/purple with a foil-ish finish? Upon taking another look at it in person, I saw the interesting duochome within the bottle. Very pretty. It shifts between blue and purple with a very light green in some lighting.


The formula wasn't bad either! I applied only 2 coats and the colour was fully opaque on my nails. For some reason I feel like this polish has a texture to it, it looks and feels foily, but it's not quite. I can't really explain it.

I tried to capture this polish to the best of my ability, but unfortunately I missed the sun on this one. I will have some more photos tomorrow with some BM designs on top out in the sunlight :)


I agree with other bloggers that the duchrome is stronger in the bottle than on the nail, but in the sun this one really shines. It has a foily sheen that is just really pretty.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to talk about the scent! I really liked this one, definitely has some blueberry in there, but it really reminded me of Pez candies lol. I did notice that once I put a topcoat on the scent wasn't as strong, but still noticeable.

5 comments:

  1. I bought this a while back, and perhaps I just got a bad bottle because the formula was "gummy." But its such a pretty color and the smell is kinda fun too! It looks amazing on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty purple=but not sure how i feel about scented polish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like the scent it was too strong for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elle - aww, that sucks, the formula on mine was actually quite good for a Revlon polish, I usually find them thin

    Fingers & Ruxi - It wasn't too overpowering for me, I liked it :) As soon as I put a top coat on it masked it quite a bit though

    imfeelingnail-venturous - thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)