Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Floral Chrome

After a couple of days wearing Mannequin I got some weird peeling at the edges. Not sure if this was the polishes fault or mine, I had done a good buff, clean and moisturize before polishing and may have made the nail too smooth lol. It has never happened with the base before (NailTek Foundation II), so may have been my fault.

To cover up the chips and seal the polish back to the nail, I did some fauxnading with my Bundle Monster plates. The full nail floral pattern used is from plate BM-205. I missed stamping so much, I feel like I haven't done it in forever. Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup, Amber Chrome which is a soft, peachy chrome, was used for stamping for a tone on tone look.
\

I really like this design. At first it looked too young for me, but it's super cute and subtle, especially with the colour combo. It just looks so delicate and girly :)

5 comments:

  1. the base color is beautiful, just like a perfect nude

    the two colors plus the pattern stamped make a great compromise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty! Nice stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise & Fingers - thanks, I'm glad you both enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of florals or nudes, but your combination works for me. Maybe because the colors are close enough not too be contrasty and obvious? Anyhow, I, too, feel the need to change things up after wearing a nude. I added nail art within a day when I wore OPI's Bubble Bath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impoverished by Polish - i love bubble bath, I think it's my fave nude. i will probably get a backup of it sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)