Monday, March 12, 2012

Some Moody Polish

Today I have a brand spankin' new polish for my brand spankin' new nubbins lol. I chopped all my nails off and it doesn't really bug me. This is the last polish I purchased to be exact. I picked up Hyper/Relaxed at Claire's over the weekend, they seem to be clearing their mood changing polishes, they are 2 for $5, some are reduced to $2.50. The regular price is $5 USD or $5.75 CAD each. I had been eyeing Hyper/Relaxed, but held back because it was more than I wanted to spend on another mood polish.

cold

In the bottle the colour is a red based purple with a sparkling teal shimmer. On the nail in the cold state I didn't see purple, closer to a blurple if anything, but mostly a royal blue.

cold

Two coats were used for full opacity, although with careful application 1 coat will do. I was distracted while polishing, watching Celebrity Apprentice :). The formula is thick but manageable and dries to a matte finish, so a topcoat is a must!

warm

warm

During the warm state (the two above photos) I found the base changed to a bright teal blue! So pretty. This colour tends to shift based on the lighting source also, different lighting effects how the shimmer looks. The shimmer really brings this polish to life, it adds a lot of dimension.

1 comment:

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)