Thursday, August 16, 2012

Stripes and Stones

Today I have a mani refresh I created using OPI's Skull and Gloss Bones as a base and Zoya's Dovima for stamping. I wanted something simple yet interesting. What I ended up deciding on was the diagonal stripy pattern from Bundle Monster plate BM-20, this is from the original set. I love this pattern but my nail beds are slightly too wide and tall to fit the full pattern, so I improvised :)


I stamped my nails either closer to the base or tip of the nail and then removed a few lines from the top, bottom or both. The end result is a different design on each nail.


I think it's quite simple but has that little something special. My thumb nails were way too big for the stripes so I decided to stamp them with a dotty pattern from Bundle Monster plate BM-211 (not shown).


I like this monochrome mani, since Dovima is not a stark creme black it does not look so plain. Dovima is actually a matte which you can tell from the bottle. It has this tiny bit of shimmer that ads some depth to the over all mani.

Have you ever altered Konad/fauxnad designs to create another design or pattern?

6 comments:

  1. How often do you do your nails? You are so skilled, did you teach yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks your too sweet :) My nails are actually in rough shape although it may not show under polish. I have come to the conclusion that it is due to the dish soap we have at work. It is so drying and is making my nails weak and brittle :(

      I usually change my polish once or twice a week, with a "mani refresh" as I call them in between where I do nail art or Konad stamping, I guess you just get better from practice! Im sure if you checked out my first postings on my blog and compared them to the newest you would see a big difference in quality/skill/shape of my nails.

      My best advice is practice and to find inspiration from other nail blogs for art ideas.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I can see the difference but your before looks good to me LOL. Does nail vitamins help brittle nails? I have a thyroid problem and my nails are brittle. Should I rub oil on them at night before going to bed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't take any vitamins so I'm not too sure, it would probably be best to ask your doctor what is right for you. I do take Biotin which I have found makes my nails grow a lot faster, but not too sure about stronger. It is also goof for hair and nails, however some people say that it makes them break out. I haven't had any issues but have been using it most days for a year now.

      Delete
  3. This is really great! Love how you made the small pattern work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I need to find a stamp similar that can fit my full nail now!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)