Friday, January 18, 2013

Au Champaign!

Happy Friday! Today I have an Orly polish to share from the 2011 holiday collection, Holiday Soiree. Au Champaign is a soft white polish with a little something special. At first I thought it was a white shimmer, but during application I noticed a bit of a frost due to the brush strokes. Also in between coats it dried to an unexpected satin finish! Not what I expected at all! Once I added a top coat I remembered why I tracked this down early last year. A glossy finish made the brushstrokes disappear!

Photobucket 

It's super hard to explain the finish of the polish, it has sparkle, but I would consider it a shimmer. It is also a very bright white which I didn't expect, I thought it would have been softer like a frost. In my photos I only used two coats but I would probably use a third next time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Application was a little weird since the polish was a bit goopy, but few drops of thinner helped with that and the second coat. Plus the final layer of top coat evened out any little imperfections.

Photobucket

Overall this is a very wearable white meaning it does not look too stark like white out on your nails! The shimmer makes it so pretty and delicate, similar to the texture/appearance of snow. Such a great holiday and winter polish :)

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite Orly polishes, it's so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on a little stand in a Sally's right before Xmas 2011 and picked it up with Orly Rage that was in the same collection - there were only 3 in that little display and they were advertised as new for New Years. I adore this shade and also feel it is one of my all time fav Orly's I have nothing like it at all and mine is not thick nor thin - and mine does not show brushstrokes. It's a fab shade that I have nothing like in my stash - it's not cream and it's not white and it works great as a base and in nail art. I use it a lot esp in winter.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)