Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Black and White

I wanted to do a fun mani refresh with Orly's Au Champaign, which was wearing fantastically by the way, so I turned to my newest Bundle Monster plates for inspiration. Looking through each plate I finally decided on a bold houndstooth print. You may remember the original set of BM plates having a houndstooth pattern, and I actually used it too! You can check it out here.

 photo IMGP5854_zps6298214b.jpg

 photo IMGP5856_zps8a184b8d.jpg

If you don't remember is was a much smaller pattern with much smaller overall dimensions. So far I cannot say enough good things about the latest BM plates, the designs stamp crisp without any issues and provide full coverage for each nail including my thumb! That is really saying something. I think I may actually prefer them to Konad.

 photo IMGP5857_zpsc2b98733.jpg

 photo IMGP5859_zps289adb89.jpg

Back to the nail design, I chose a black stamping polish for the design and am really happy with the result and overall look. I find that since Au Champaign is not a stark white and has a shimmer it really softens the whole look. I absolutely love it!

 photo IMGP5862_zpsc581c606.jpg
EXTREME CLOSEUP!!

6 comments:

  1. That stamp transferred so well- wow! I have only heard great things about the new BM plates, I might have to pick them up. Lovely mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are great, awesome full nails deisgns that cover your full nail and so cheap compared to other brands.

      Delete
  2. AWESOMMMMMME. I LURV black and White manicures, and houndstooth is just plain rad. Great one. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, as soon as I completed the full mani I fell in love too :)

      Delete
  3. I am obsessed with Orly's Au Champagne! I have over 1400 shades of polish (granted I have collected since the late 80's in this current collection having purged a # of times radically), but in all my years of being a polish head, I have never run across a shade in the white color rang like Au Champagne. Great look - I like this larger print better than the smaller one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, since the 80's your collection must be insane! I usually am picky with my whites and this is in the small group of favorite white polishes.

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)