Wednesday, April 24, 2013

How To Fix an Ick Mani

So my Revlon combo from yesterday didn't come out as I had envisioned. The unexpected mix in finishes really threw me off and I felt as though the shades were not really complementary. Have you ever found yourself in this situation? What would you do?

 photo IMGP6369_zps6ac7f5c0.jpg

I decided to play up Mint Gelato since I loved the colour so much, so I found a better contrasting colour that pairs up better with the real shade for a shimmery accent nail! I used a Deborah Lippmann dupe, Urban Outfitters Sea Dust. This is a sparkling green leaning teal foil-ish shimmer. Scattered within are small blue hex glitters, I think it was the perfect pairing!

 photo IMGP6371_zps4ff026c0.jpg

 photo IMGP6378_zps58e6ce48.jpg

I applied two coats over Lemon Meringue on my ring fingers and was good to go! This polishes formula is awesome by the way, I will have to see what else they have the next time I am there for sure!

 photo IMGP6375_zpsa827effb.jpg

What have you done when a mani hasn't turned out exactly as you have planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)