Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Zig-zag

Today I have a fun and bright mani refresh to share! The base is Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams. I wanted to do something fun with this colour, I really loved the colour on it's own but wanted to change it up a bit. I originally was thinking of a nautical design! I soon realized that none of my nail art plates have a full nail nautical pattern :(

 photo IMGP6507_zpsb46b82b0.jpg

 photo IMGP6512_zpsa49c104c.jpg

So I did what I usually do, flip through all my plates until I see something I like, I found a few stripy patterns and thought either would look good stamped with white... Then I remembered I have the perfect complementary blue for stamping, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Brisk Blue. I did a test with each design and the zig zag pattern from Bundle Monster plate BM-201 won me over!

 photo IMGP6514_zps11728ad7.jpg

 photo IMGP6513_zps25d6b249.jpg

This polish and this design stamped effortlessly. I had issues when I used this plate a few years ago and Bundle Monster was kid enough to send me a new plate, this one works fantastic! I love the final look, almost like abstract waves or water.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful love the color. This would be a great color for the holiday weekend in the US.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)