Friday, August 23, 2013

Glitzy Skittles

Happy, Happy Friday! What a busy week it was, especially getting back in to the groove from my trip. Thank God for the weekend and beautiful summer forecast :)

So...I did it again, picked off a good chunk of my mani before I intended on switching it up. I like to get full wear out of my mani's, so even though I picked off most the polish from my nails I decided to do a fun and easy Skittle refresh!

I had actually planned on doing a skittle mani before the chips started, so here was my chance!

 photo IMGP6916_zps0505e6da.jpg

 photo IMGP6918_zps1bb509a1.jpg

My ring fingers were glittery before the chips, I spiffed them up for a wedding ;) I applied two thick coats of Cult Nails Walk of Shame.

I decided to leave my pinky nails orange since the polish wore there the best, this of course is OPI, Y'all Come Back Now, Ya, Hear.

The middle finger has a white chevron pattern stamped over top the orange. (my other hand has the reverse, orange on white, I picked the orange off that one too!) I used Sally Hansen Whirlwind White for stamping and Bundle Monster Plate BM-201.

The pointer finger is simply white to match the middle finger, again I chose Sally Hansen Whirlwind White.

Finally, for the thumb I applied a pretty gold foil to match the gold glitter on the ring finger, OPI Glitzerland.

 photo IMGP6917_zps200d5193.jpg

 photo IMGP6913_zps0dceb7cc.jpg

This is my first skittle mani which utilizes, for the most part, a different colour on each nail. I am pretty happy with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)