Friday, January 24, 2014

Crushed Gems!

Does anyone else get excited after a haul and want to wear at least one polish right away!! Because I do it all the time, especially after the mini haul I had at Target last week. After much debate I chose to wear Lady Luck, which surprised me. Usually I don't wear this shade of magenta/pink but something about it made me need it and really want to wear it so I have it a go.

 photo IMGP8076_zps501d4857.jpg

 photo IMGP8072_zpse574a716.jpg

Lady Luck is a hot magenta glitter made up of micro glitter and medium holo hex glitter sprinkled throughout. I applied two medium to thick coats and was happy with opacity. When I first swatched this polish I noticed it dried to a gritty matte finish, and I wanted this to be super glossy!

 photo IMGP8068_zpse9a7f331.jpg

After the glitter dried a bit, which wasn't long at all, I applied a generous coat of Gelious to each nail. After a few minutes of dry time I preceded to add a thin coat of Seche Vite on top to ensure the finish was super glossy and dried quickly.

 photo IMGP8073_zps69624965.jpg

This polish is pretty, but something about it was off to me. Maybe it's the shape if my nails. Maybe I should have layered a similar polish as a base underneath. Maybe I just don't wear this polish often lol.

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I think it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted this one, but they only had the blue and black left at the targets I've gone to >_< but damn this looks gorgeous :D I have two more to visit, so fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I think my fave is Glitz Gal, the silvery one, so awesome!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)