Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Monthly Favourites!

I decided to start a monthly favourites series. I have been a bit behind the past month so this first post in the series will be for July. This short list includes new products and some of my all time favourite products.


 Fresh Paint Polish
Although I only own two polishes from this brand they have both blown me away with formula and wear. Oh yeah, and the colours I purchased kick ass! Neon/pastel coral and mint creme polishes scream summer and I cant wait to try out other shades when I see them next!


Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat
This has been an all time favourite of mine, mostly because it can be so versitile. I have used it throughout the month of July specifically for one nail that I badly damaged. It was my own fault, peeling of nail polish... and a thick layer of my nail in the process. It's such a bad habit :( Enter Gelous I have been using this as a base for the damaged nail and it has not been damaged further considering it is was very week at the beginning of July. It provides a thick layer of protection to the nail on its own, or can be used over top another polish for an outrageous shine. This is a great topper for topcoat thirsty glitters. The only con is that it is not quick drying.


Amazing Pure and Natural Crystal Deodorant Stone
I have been going the all natural route as much as I can lately and cannot remember the last time I actually wore a traditional deodorant/antiperspirant. In the winter I was fine going with coconut oil and baking soda in place of standard deodorant, but with the warmer months I feel I need more "protection". This crystal deodorant stone is as natural as it gets, you just wet the stone (which is naturally occurring salt) and rub your underarms. It works great for a natural and chemical free option, however on hotter days I do need to reapply. I don't mind :) Plus this lasts you a looooong time.


Botanique by Himalaya Herbal Health Care - Neem and Pomegranate Toothpaste
On the topic of natural health and body care I also have a new toothpaste of choice. I found this on iHerb and decided to try it out at the promo pice of only one dollar... Best dollar ever spent! Since then I have purchased another tube on sale (regular retail price is around $5-$6). Some highlights of what I like about this toothpaste is that it is gluten free and does not contain fluoride or sugar. You heard me correctly, for those who are not familiar with the ingredients in toothpaste, it generally does contain sugar. I also like that the ingredients are explained and some are organic!


So what do you think of my first "favourites" post? Would you like to see more monthly favourites in the future?

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of this post! It's good and I like reading this sort of thing :-)

    Good choice of the polishes! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)