Friday, November 28, 2014

My Holiday Polish Picks for 2015

I have my first holiday party of 2014 tonight, so exciting! I love this time of the year. While trying to figure out what polish to wear, I've decided to compile my holiday polish picks for 2014. See my picks from some of my favorite brands below.

China Glaze Twinkle Collection
China Glaze usually produces my favorite holiday collections each year, whether it be for Halloween or winter holidays. This year was just meh for me, however, I love how the collections are always huge so there is usually something for everyone.

December to Remember - A colour shifting light blue duochome. I love when China Glaze releases something like this! Most unique polish in the collection.


Meet Me Under the Stars - A blue leaning black jelly with silver glitter, the name describes this polish perfectly. Second most unique polish in the collection. I appreciate the darker shades amongst the brighter, glittery polishes in this collection.


De-light - Densely packed with various shapes and sizes of gold glitter and holographic bar glitter, great for New Years celebrations.


Honourable Mention: Dancing and Prancing - I purchased and returned this because I have a lot of glitters that are similar, what I do like is the softer hues used in the multi-sized and shaped glitter. This would look great sandwiched between a nude jelly... I may have to go back for this one *face palm*


Dishonorable Mention: Chillin' With My Snomies - This was originally at the top of my list from the promo photos, however, it seems to be the disappointment of the collection... A part of me still wants this glitter, however every single review I have seen on this polish has been negative. The glitter to base ratio is way off.


OPI Holiday, Gwen Stefani Collection
OPI also tends to release huge collections during the holidays, and the Gwen Stefani collections this year is no exception. My picks are listed below.

Comet in the Sky - Matte black and iridescent glitter in a clear base. In the bottle it looks like outer space.


Snow Globetrotter - The reverse of Comet in the Sky, white matte and iridescent glitter in a clear base. The bottle looks like a snow globe!


First Class Desires - A deep grape base with golden shimmer, very holiday without being the standard red, green, gold or silver. An easily acquirable dupe for me (Zoya Sansa) as well.


Honorable Mention: I'll Tinsel You In - Both for the name and the use of square glitter! This may not make it in my collection due to the fact that I already own enough black and white glitter combos.


Orly Sparkle Collection
Orly's collections this year is small and glittery! My faves are listed below.

Tinsel - Holly leaves and evergreen needles in a bottle, various shapes and sizes of red glitter with long, thin holographic bars of green glitter.


Mirrorball - I am drooling over this one, a dense silver glitter and linear holo? Yes please!


Honorable Mention: Bling - similar to Mirrorball in a yellow toned gold, however from what I read it is not as linear and opaque.


Finger Paints Winter Wishes Collection
Last years collection blue me away! Awesome glitter toppers and fantastic textured shades. This year, not so much. As toppers, no thanks. However, on their own and built up to opacity, my pick is:

Winter Wishes - The namesake, go figure. Silver and light blue glitter, so frosty!

Honorable Mention: Glisten Here - Only because it is eerily similar to China Glaze Dancing and Prancing.

Overall the collection is pretty, but not very unique, to my collection anyways. I was unable to find bottle shots for these polishes, however, you can head over to this awesome blog; Lavish Layerings, to see some great swatches of the whole collection.

ANNDDD Color Club gets the award for most uninspired holiday collection EVER!


                                      


So disappointed, usually they have some great glittery offerings for winter, this years Made in NY collection just left me confused. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Nice picks there. I got December to Remember & Define Good... I got the OPI mini set and been drooling over a few of the Orlys! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many beauties to choose from, I hope I can track down Orly Mirrorball!

      Delete
  2. Great picks indeed! Lovely nail colors that are truly worth the try. Hope to see swatches of these soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on pulling out the ones I have purchased to wear soon!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)