Wednesday, December 10, 2014

In The Monet

Another mani, another glitter. I am obsessed lately! There was a point in time this year where I wanted nothing to do with glitters, mostly because I was fearing the time it would take to remove! Now that the holidays are quickly approaching I have been all about my holiday glitter shades. Although Finger Paints, In The Monet is not a holiday polish (as far as I know, I cannot locate information on this polish anywhere!) I can see it easily fitting in with any holiday shades.



In The Monet is a blue based glitter with some green pieces scattered throughout in a blue jelly base. The first coat was a tad streaky but the second evened out nicely. I used two layers of topcoat for this one to get a nice, smooth surface. I applied one coat of Seche Vite after application of the polish (at night), and a second layer of Seche Vite the next day. Since this glitter is thirsty for topcoat, the two layers spaced out gave me a perfectly shiny finish.


I almost wish I have layered a creme based blue under the glitter so help with wear. I find glitters tend to chip quickly on me. With a creme base I think the glitter would adhere better and last longer. Something I will try soon with another glitter polish.


Overall this is a great glitter, I picked it up on clearance at Sally's and with I knew more information on it. Do you know what collection this was apart of?

4 comments:

  1. It certainly is a lovely glittery polish :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish it lasted a bit longer, it chipped really quickly :(

      Delete
    2. I'm a sucker for blue polish... especially glittery ones. I also picked up this color, and was SO disappointed when it chipped the same day. Typically my manicures last 6-7 days... so I've only used it the one time :(

      Delete
  2. Awww...this is a pretty one indeed. I am not a fan of blue nail colors but upon seeing this, I find it pretty. Love the finish too.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)