Monday, August 24, 2015

Blinding!

Today I have a lovely neon to share with you, China Glaze Celtic Sun. An oldie, but a goodie for sure! Why I didn't have a neon yellow in my collection up until a month ago I'll never know.


I'm pretty sure that China Glaze has reformulated their core neons, however I find this one to look the same as the original (if it was even altered?). I'm referring to online sources of course. After swatching my neons haul on my boyfriends nails (hey, he offered, I'm not going to turn that down!) I decided to wear this polish I would need a base of white, like I have read so many times.

Celtic Sun is on the ring finger here at two coats.

I started with one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Whirwind White and applied three thin coats of Celtic Sun over top. The formula is quite thin, but applied well. I'm glad I had a base of white. Not only did it help with opacity but really made this neon GLOW!



As most neons do, this dried to a semi-matte/satin finish. I added a nice coat of Seche Vite over top to add a high gloss shine. I loved wearing this. Everyone thought this polish glowed in the dark, it is that bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)