Thursday, April 14, 2016

Madam Glam Peel Off Base - Review

Today I have a new product from Madam glam to review, their peel off base coat for natural and gel polish.  I have never purchased or used a commercial brand of peel off base coat, I have either, a. used glue, or b. bit the bullet and applied a regular base despite despising glitter polish removal.


Although I have never used a product like this before, I have been doing some research and watched some videos on various brands. The majority had me expecting a thick, white and gluey product. I was surprised when I opened the bottle and the formula was clear.


The formulation of the polish is 3-free (free of Dibutyl Phtalate (DBP), Formaldehyde and toluen) and has absolutely no odor. That's about all I know about the formula, however if you are interested in the full ingredient list you can find it here. There was no actual instruction that came with the bottle in terms of application so a swiped it on. It applied as smooth as butter and just as I finished applied to my nails on both hands, I tapped the pinky on my right hand and it was dry!


In terms of wear I didn't even realize I was wearing any type of special base. There was no lifting during the duration of time it was on my nails. It very firmly adhered to the nail, which I wasn't expecting. For the duration of wear I went about my daily business, showering, washing dishes, food, etc. These are my nails after 5 days of wear and before removal. Final day of wear and removal below.



So here is the tricky part of the review, the product was inconsistent my first time around. A few nails came off fine with no damage to the nail, as seen below. However, it was not really a clean "peel" more of a pry and come off in one sheet kind of thing. Most of my other nails were damaged in removal.


I decided to try the product again (Yikes, right?!) to give it a fair review, I mean, why would I be sent a product for review if it didn't work at all? So I applied the base again, this time thicker, the first go at testing it out I applied thinner coats. I also decided to try it under a gel polish. This time was definitely a success! I found that having your hands in water helps with removal ( after a shower, cleaning dishes, etc). This time the polish peeled right off!

In summary the pros of this product are:
  • The formula is excellent
  • No scent
  • Quick drying
  • Sticks on the nail and keeps your polish on with it
The only con I see is inconsistency, however it may have to do with application of the product. In this case I would suggest that Madam Glam clearly explain how to use the base to avoid what happened in my first test. Currently there are no instructions for use of the products on their site or the bottle.

I will definitely try this base again with a regular polish to see if I get the same issues  as before and test whether this works better with a regular or gel polish.

Madam Glam has graciously given a 30% discount to all of my readers! Click here to activate the code and start shopping on their site or use Danielle30 upon checkout.

*This product was sent to me for an honest review, all views expressed are my own honest option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)