Friday, September 16, 2016

Fall Haulin' - China Glaze Edition

Happy Friday! There was and awesome BOGO free sale for a week last month at CosmoProf for China Glaze polishes and I had to take advantage of the awesome prices! I picked up mostly fall shades, which was my intention. Rumours have been flying over the interweb about China Glazes fall collection, apparently, the coolest shades are not being sold at the most easily accessible vendors such as Sally's and Ulta. Upon hearing this I had a look online at Cosmoprof and was able to confirm they indeed have the full collection for sale. The BOGO promo sweetened the deal further!

Enough of my ramblings, on to the polishes. Due to the BOGO deal I picked up some shades I missed out on before, this includes:

Moonlight The Night - apart of China Glaze's spring collection, House of Color, is a great transitional glitter topper. With transparent and iridescent glitter it makes this polish super unique in my collection. 2 coats shown in the swatch below.


Glitter Me This - another glitter topper apart of the House of Color collection. This shade is a bit more spring, but also neutral. Made up of white, gold and pink hex glitter, I can't wait to try this over a nude shade. 1 coat shown in the swatch below.


The next four are my top picks for the Rebel collection.


Heroine Chic - this is an interesting shade. A grey-brown base with tonnes of orange shimmering flecks. Super cool for fall. 2 coats shows in the swatch below.

Holo At Ya Girl! - not holo, bad name choice! I typically would not have picked this up, but my husband was into it so I figured I should at least give it a try. In the bottle, it appears as though it has a strong duochrome shift, however, on the nail due to low density of glitter you can't really tell. The main colours I see are green and gold. I will have to see if it appears better over a darker base.


 

Blue-ya! - this is my second favorite from the collection. A deep inky blue base with a teal-green glass flecked shimmer. Flawless! Two thin coats are shown in the swatch below.

Pearl Jammin' - top fave and must-have of the collection, I also think it's safe to say that this is one of those all year round shades. The base is a soft powder blue with a strong amber shifting shimmer. Two coats are shown in the swatch below.



I Got A Blue Attitude - this is your basic blurple creme... Or so I thought until I left the store! In direct sunlight, you can see a sprinkling of blue shimmer/flecks. Unfortunately, this is the only in direct sunlight and if you look very, very closely. That being said 99% of the time it will look like a creme. Two coats are shown in the swatch below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)