Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let it Snow ...

Hello ladies!

Late last week and over the weekend Toronto had a good amount of snow fall. Not a huge crazy storm or anything, just pretty fluffy snow... but a lot of it! and I should know, I had to help shovel it a couple of times!

I actually started writing this post last night and didn't even realize it was snowing! It was still snowing late this morning... since last night! I hear New York among other cities in the States are getting blasted as well. So I guess this post is a little more appropriate ;)

The actual snow put me in the mood for China Glaze, Frosty from their past Holiday/Christmas collection. If you recall, I picked this one up for $2.99 at a beauty supply by my house because some of the silver from the cap had chipped off durring shipping. Yay for me :)


click to enlarge

This colour is pure Winter :) The polish flashes a shimmer that reflects light in a way that actual fresh fluffy snow does! I think the shimmer also simulates the actual texture of snow.


Natural light

I applied 3 coats of this polish over China Glaze Strong Adhesion base coat with no issues at all. It was not streaky or too thick/thin. Such a great white to apply :)



Camera flash

I topped this mani off with NYC quick dry top coat, which actually dried the polish pretty fast. I'm very impressed with the top coat. It's not as glossy as Seche Vite, but I didn't want this mani to be super shiny anyways.



I don't really have too much more to say about this polish lol It is pretty awesome though. I really liked it in pictures I had seen on other blogs before I purchased it and noticed it looked elegant on fair skin. I thought it would be perfect for me, but my skin tone actually has a yelowish hue to it lol. Still looks good on me, but I still think it looks nicer on fairer skin :) What do you ladies think?

9 comments:

  1. Ooo, I like that. So soft and delicate.

    Btw, you should take a look outside today in toronto. It's nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I would like to have this! It would be great as a base color for nail art! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toesthattwinkele - thanks :)

    milan and vanaily - thanks, thats what I like about it . and for reals about the snow! i had to trek through it to work today :( I would have rather stayed home under the covers in my bed watching daytime tv and snacking lol

    rins - for sure! I was trying to come up with some nail art for this last night, I wanted something light to stamp on top like a baby pink, but that didn't work. I ended up going with an accent nail that I will hopefully post tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. My part of the states got some snow & I had the same thinking haha...went with Zoya Gaia which is pretty similar to this shade. well, sort of. I love when trouble colors (like white & yellow ect) apply well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen - nice, Gaia remind me of Revlon Powder Puff, so soft and not so stark white. I love when lighter colours behave :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I know what you mean. I've been so cold this week! Sigh, where is spring - It needs to come now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a white that doesn't look like I had gone corrector pen happy all over my nails. =D

    This is such a pretty white...so delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. milan and vanaily - im actually starting to like the snow now lol although I cannot wait for spring and summer to come :)

    Kee.Kalena - Thanks :) I find that a glossy white, looks very chic on it's own, but the shimmer in this polish does add a little something special so a white polish

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)