Wednesday, February 8, 2012

ASK Cosmetics - Part 3 Base & Top Coats

Today I have the last of the three part review on ASK Cosmetics featuring their top and base coat, The base is on the left and the top coat is on the right. For some reason the base looked a little low in product when compared to the top coat. Not sure if I just got a weird bottle or what.


This is what they say about the base coat:
Has adhesion properties to allow better bonding with polish
- Offers good base for longer-lasting wear

Some positive points on the base from my perspective are it applies smooth and thin, it can be a little runny but it's easy to control. I did find however that it did not dry as quickly as the other top coats I own, I think this may be due to the adhesion properties they reference. I didn't let it fully dry before applying the polish so not sure how long it would take to dry. It was semi dry and tacky to the touch before Oh So Aubergine was applied.


On to the top coat, this is what they say:
Quick drying
Offers UV protection, which keeps dark colours from fading and light colours from yellowing
Offers external protection against environmental factors
Provides glossy finish to enhance the polish shade
Has an adhesion factor so it will not peel


As you can see below, it does provide a nice glossy finish!


It is nice and shiny, but I did not find it to be a quick dry. Did it take super long to dry? No, but when I consider a polish a quick dry top coat Seche Vite comes to mind. This one does not compare. It was easy to apply and self levelling.

Now both the base and top coat are supposed to have some great adhesion properties, and I didn't wear these polishes for an extended period of time but removal of the polish with the base and top coat was interesting. It was almost like removing rubber if that makes sense, but it was only when the base and top coat were applied, so it wasn't the polish. I though that was pretty cool. I'll have to do another post on the future of the over all wear of the polishes with the base and top coat to see how long it wears. Is that something you'd be interested in seeing?

So this wraps up my review of ASK Cosmetics nail products, what do you think? Anything you liked or didn't like?

*This product was sent to me for an honest review, all views expressed are my own honest option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)