Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Vampy Jelly and Some Exciting News!! - I Need Your Help!

Finished with reviews for this week, on to some polish I've been wearing!

Today I have a great jelly from Orly's holiday collection, Le Chateau. This deep, dark teal almost applied fully opaque in just one coat! I went over most again again with a thinner second coat to even out any slightly bald patches. It's super shiny and glossy and dark. It looks pretty black, but not quite. You can see the true colour in the bottle. It stops just before being black. The perfect base for some layering...


The layering combo will come in tomorrows post, but before I end this one I have some exciting news! I have been approached to create my own polish that will be sold and named after me! I am super excited, but almost don't know where to start! Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm pretty sure anything goes. I'm trying to come up with something that has rarely been done and is fairly original. I'm thinking something with a duochrome or holo!

Let me know what you think.

8 comments:

  1. That's awesome news for you. Duochromes are great but it's hard to be new as it has been a crazy year for both holo and duochrome finishes. If they can make it happen, anything in the Unicorn Pee family would be totally welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol that thought crossed my mind too, but I know Max Factor just came out with a very similar polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, How exciting!!! I would say pick your favorite color and find a twist for it. Like for me my fave color is turquoise, so I might want a turquoise polish that shifts to my other fave color purple, with extreme shimmer thrown in the mix. For you, I am just looking at your blog design, maybe a very sparkly black with green (emerald green might look good) shimmers/glitters? You could spend some time asking people what color they think represents you, like family and friends. They might give you some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow congratulations!!!! That is so exciting and I cant wait to see the colors you come up with :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! How exciting and fun for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! congrats!! im looking forward to what you will make! :D I do hope you make something similar like Unicorn Pee -- You can never have enough of that kind of polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so exciting! I am always looking for more Holos, shimmers duochromes. I think everyone does glitters-they take no thought and it seems that's all people can franken. I also love color changing topcoats for layering.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)