Monday, February 6, 2012

Review: New to Me Brand, ASK Cosmetics - Part 1

Today I have the first of a three part post dedicated for ASK Cosmetics. This is a new to me brand out of Burlington, Canada, so I was skeptical at first as to the quality of the products. They seem like a fairly new company that would like to get their products better known in the industry. Lisa (Who has her own blog here.) from ASK contacted me asking if I'd like to review some products. I jumped at the chance to try a new brand and this is what I received:



A Base and Top Coat,



Nail Polish Remover,



Four Nail Colours,


I will review each product in the upcoming days this week. But first I wanted to start off by giving you some background information on the company it's self. they seem to specialize in "revival" products to improve the look, feel and quality of skin, nails and hair. Their flagship product is a system called T.I.P.S, which is a nail conditioner that is absorbed by the nail and adds strength as well as flexibility. I kind of which I had received this item also for review seeing how it is fairly popular.

They usually sell their products though their site or The Shopping Channel in Canada. I do find the prices to be a bit high for me, so is the quality really worth it?

Lets start off with the Revival Nail Polish Remover.

At first I found it a bit weird to review a polish remover, I haven't had any that really stands out for me in particular, I tend to use the acetone based remover sold at Sallys (The pink bottle). However, this remover is by far the best I have ever used! It really stands out from the rest of removers I have used. It easily removes the polish from my nails quickly like acetone, but doesn't bleed the colour out staining my nails (Also like acetone). One dab on a cotton pad really goes a long way, I was able to remove polish from 3 nails before applying more remover to the pad.


Now I guess that shouldn't be a feature right, it does what it says it does, removes polish. This polish remover stands out to be because it is so super moisturizing. I felt like I was removing the polish with cuticle oil! My hands were all oiled up by the end of the removal and was left with the soft scent of lemons. This is like a remover and cuticle oil all in one! This was my favorite product out of everything that was sent to be for review. Can you see the shiny gloss on my nails? that all the polish remover!


Since it left my nails moisturized and oily, I thought I would try a full mani on top without washing my hands to see if it would effect the polish...

To see the what happens when polish is applied  right after the remover and to see swatches of the polishes provided, tune in to Part 2 of this post tomorrow :)

*This product was sent to me for an honest review, all views expressed are my own honest option.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, interesting! I love hearing about new(ish) Canadian products. The polish colours look a little middle-of-the-road to me but I'll have to keep this company on my radar.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)