Thursday, May 3, 2012

Back to the Basics

You know, when I was a teenager in high school the only polish I ever wore was black. I'm pretty sure it was your standard Wet n' Wild black too! I also had a terrible habit of biting my nails and could not paint neat enough to save my life! lol I hope this gives those other nail biters out there some hope!

Anyways, today I have gone back to what was a basic nail color for me when I was younger, black. This time it's Wet' n Wild Ebony Hates Chris.


I think I have commented before on the brushes of the Wet n' Wild quick dry polishes, although I like the shape and size, the bristles suck, they are so hard and drag the polish on to your nails. So for this application I chose to use a brush from a black Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear.


The formula was perfect, only one coat was needed :) I was using this as a base for some layering so I didn't add a top coat. It dried pretty quickly too and that's why I chose to wear it. Too bad for the brush :(

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you like it :) I didn't think I was going to get any comments on this post because the polish is so basic!

      Delete
  2. Love Wet-n-Wild black creme. It is fabulous polish. I decant mine into a bottle with a better brush. :)

    You make that polish look fantastic. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and great idea, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks their bristles suck!

      Delete
  3. How does EHC compare to Black Creme? I've only used BC because it works so well, but a good argument might convince me to try out EHC....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't own the regular Wet n' Wild Black Cream if that's what you're referring too. In my post I was referencing old school Wet n' Wild black polish from the 90's lol Not sure if the formula is the same now and unfortunately I don'y really remember.

      Delete
    2. A lot of people seem to refer to WnW Black Creme as their holy grail for stamping. Since it's $1 versus $2 for the EHC, I've never tried the latter. Maybe I'll do a comparison and share my results!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)