Friday, August 10, 2012

Holo on Holo Stamping

Happy Friday!! I wanted to do something fun with China Glaze L8R G8R before removing it. I was thinking of crackle or some sort of tape design but did not want to cover up the polish completely. I decided I would find a design to stamp with. I ended up choosing the shattered glass/mosaic pattern from Bundle Monster, plate BM-208. I also had the idea to stamp with another holo!!




BM-208 worked awesome by the way, I had some issues with it last year if you recall in this post. Bundle Monster provided me a brand new plate at no charge and I could not be happier :) I really like this pattern.




I chose Nubar Reclaim for the added tone on tone look and I love it, I really need to do more manis like this. I love the subtle refresh it gives and you can still see the holo! I did use a top coat and I feel like it may have dulled the effect a tiny bit. If anything it is more scattered, but not too bad. I used a very thin and quick swipe of an old bottle of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat.

2 comments:

  1. Great combo - I love Reclaim. Still thinking your bottle of L8R G8R looks on the nail lighter than mine does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Like you said it may be due to age, but i photographed it slightly lighter than how it appears in real life. so hard to get some polishes colour accurate especially with different monitor screens and settings.

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)