Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice

I'm still catching up on some manis from last week, life has still been hectic for me lately. Last Monday was Thanksgiving in Canada, and what better polish to wear than Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear, Pumpkin Spice! Last year this polish was THE polish everyone needed for Halloween, and to be honest I wasn't one of those people that wanted it.



I have polishes that are similar like China Glaze Ick A-body and Wet n' Wild Cougar Attack and didn't feel I needed another one. A while after Halloween last year, actually closer to Christmas, I found this lone polish on clearance for 50% off. I figured I would pick it up to see what all the hype was about. I am soooo glad I did! I wouldn't say this isn't close to the other two polishes I mentioned, but it is definitely not the same.



The base is a murky brown jelly that builds up to very dark, but not quite black and is sprinkled with orange glitter which just glows in any lighting. Since it is a jelly it takes a few coats to build up but it is totally worth it, the depth is awesome. The shine is amazing as well!


I used three coats on my nails and so far it is wearing pretty well. I always worry with the wear of jellies, they tend to show more wear at the tips, but so far so good. I really love it and don't want to take it off or change it up yet, such a great polish for the month of October :)

3 comments:

  1. What a difference a yr makes! This polish was sold out all over and hard to get even when it was re-released. This past yr I have been beyond over-saturated with indie polishes. In part I like what the etsy movement (and other outlets) have done for polish land - but then also I get really tired of seeing glitter after glitter after glitter. This one still works great and I did keep mine. I am not huge on Halloween for some odd reason esp since it's my b'day! I use Zoya Raven as a base under this one typically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and some times I have used a super dark oxblood browned red cream under this...it's really got a brown clear base that is not opaque like the bottle suggested it was - surprised me when I first tried it.

      Delete
    2. great idea, I need a good brown based polish to wear onder this, i don't want to waste it on multiple coats, I love it too much!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)