If you are new to stamping or are having trouble, see below and let me know if these tips help!
- make sure your scraper and stamper are clean before you start. The stamper may be a no-brainer, but if the scraper is still dirty from your last time of usage it may not scrape the polish evenly which may lead to extra streaks of polish on your stamper when you pick up the design or miss parts of the design. Also be sure to wipe the scraper in-between stamping.
- try different polishes. Having trouble stamping with a particular polish? Try one if these:
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
- dark, highly pigmented polishe
- thick polishes
The Insta-Dries are the only brand I am confident is saying are really great for stamping with. I'm sure there are other out these, but these I really prefer (second of course the Konad Special polish).
- when picking up the design I find some brands of plates are different, play around and decide what pressure is right for picking up the design on the stamper. For the most part I find a light rocking motion from one side to the other works best (Konad and Bundle Monster), however some other plates may need more pressure to be applied in order to pick up the design (Born Pretty Store). If you are trying out a new design test it out a few times before deciding the best way to continue.
- my top tip: make sure you thoroughly clean the plate with acetone to ensure all dry/old polish is removed from the design. This was my main issue! I would use a design for the first time and it would stamp beautifully, the second time + always gave me trouble! I had been using a polish remover to clean the plate, but it wasn't good enough. Once I started using acetone I had no problems at all with picking up any nail design!
Hope these tips help, do you have any of your own, I'd love to hear them! Happy Stamping :)