Monday, August 16, 2010

Sally Hansen Nail Prism - Coral Amber

Hi Ladies,
Today I have one of my many Sally Hansen Nail Prisims for you. Believe it or not this is the first holographic one I have tried, I know, crazy right?!

The colour is coral amber and I would describe it as a pinkish, redish, sparkly polish with the smallest bit or orange (in certain lights). I kind of wish this was more coral, orange and halo. The halo is very faint, not like some of the others and it isn't as duochromy either. I was kind of disappointed in this one ... but that was before I saw it in direct sunlight! wow, it really shines.

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
close up
Over all application was excellent, very smooth and even. Hardly any cleanup was needed. Dry time was just okay, I did my nails about an hour before bed, even with a quick dry serum on top, they still smudged a bit (which I fixed before I went to work yesterday and took the pics! By the way, super hard to get this colour to translate in a picture, l though the halo is faint IRL, it is way more visible in person that in the photos
So what do you think of this prism, yay or nay?

* On a side note, I am trying out some new photography styles and different ways of uploading my pictures. Any comments? Do you prefer the new style of photos or old?

6 comments:

  1. That's kinda pretty. Is that tiny holo particles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great polish!

    thanks for the comments on my blog, i will reply to you here! I have never experienced a problem with amazon! there are some situations where they don't ship to Canada so then you cannot proceed with the payment. I've found a few great e-tailers that do ship opi to Canada! through amazon there is Nailetc (http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&redirect=true&me=A2R88R4LRXUWM9) and XPRESSYOURSELF (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html?ie=UTF8&seller=A2RGW401VKH294) and then I also have used transdesign (shipping is high but if you plan on buying a lot of polishes it comes to about $6 for a polish which is pretty good!)

    and unfortunately there are no Rexall stores in Montreal :(

    send me an email if you have any other questions! smita411@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan - thanks :) yes it has halo particles, it is actually supposed to be a halo polish, very subtle though. It looked the prettiest outdoors in direct sunlight

    Smita - Thanks a lot! I will check out the sellers soon!

    Tessa - Great blog! i just checked it out, thanks for showing it to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this color. I've always loved the color coral. :) I'll have to try it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lindsay, since spring I have been stocking up on corals, I haven't worn half of them yet! thats how you know you have way too much polish

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty!

    P.S. I added you to my blog list, can you maybe add me to yours?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)