Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Revlon Polishes - Quick and Dirty Haul Swatches

Hey Ladies,

While changing my polish yesterday I did some quick and dirty skittle swatches of the majority of my Revlon haul. The 2 I didn't include were Gum Drop and Plum Night, Gum Drop is a back up that I have already used on my toes :) and Plum night I had alright swatched the day I got the polishes :) ... but forgot to photograph


On to the polishes:

From left to right - Peach Nectar, Peach Smoothy, Grey Suede, Lilac Pastelle


Lilac Pastelle - a nice lilac cream/jelly? (this was a weird one, semi-jelly? lol either way I like it). 2 coats, applied pretty evenly. If I were wearing this for a full mani I would probably apply 1 last thin coat to avoid any streaking.

I like this colour, it is a bit lighter than Gum Drop and leans more red, where as Gum Drop leans more blue.


Grey Suede - a light brown cream with light golden shimmer. 2 coats, applied very well! I love the subtle shimmer this polish has, this will be great for fall. I wonder how it would look with a matte top coat... I wish I had thought of that last night when swatching!

Although the polish is named "Grey" Suede, the polish is actually a light taupe brown.


Peach Smoothy - a light peach cream with subtle golden shimmer. 2 coats, applied evenly. This is a very nice neutral, the shimmer adds that little something special.

This was one of the Revlon Scented polishes. From what I can remember from last night, the scent was sweat, but not too peachy. It reminded me of vacation lol.


Peach Nectar - a peach jelly. 2 coats, applied evenly. If I were wearing this as a full mani I would definitely add another coat or 2, I didn't expect this shade to be so sheer, it looks so bold and bright in the bottle. I think the extra coats would eliminate the VNL and this polish can also double as a base for a French Mani.

So what do you think of these polishes? Whats your fave?

6 comments:

  1. I'm wearing Peach Smoothie right now, kinda wanted something sweet smelling on the nails last night :) I did 3 coats to bring out the peachy pink colour a bit more, I like it that way. Love the scent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halifax - love the colour, i can't remember the scent that well lol I kept regretting not getting it during the Rexall sale, so I'm glad I finally got it :)

    I had also seen it at Winners of all places! it was $5.99!! how crazy is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ...
    Revlon beautiful glazes.
    My favorite was the Lilac Pastell. I love pink. Hahaha.
    Danielle can you pass me an email so I can write for you?
    This is my English ... Urgent need to return to study English. A month ago I'm not going to the course. Kkkkkkkkkk. Just google translator that saves me. Just do it for me to comment here and in other international blogs.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went back on the last day, and picked these guys up as well. Wished they had some of the brighter colours left, cause i ended up giving some away (thinking they would still be there :T lol). Anyway, im glad someone else thinks that the prices are meh at the loreal sale too! i went my first time 2 years back, and I remember being very surprised that the prices were so low...but now >_< but then again its still savings~
    I didn't know they had limited tickets too! my other friend once went everyday to try and get a black liner (she was at york u), so I didn't think much about it. But thats interesting to know as well~

    ReplyDelete
  5. rasilla - yea, i saw your haul and got excited, but a couple of them weren't there anymore. Although I am pretty sure they were restocking, someone would come out an dump a small box of new polishes on the the pile every now and then when i went lol.

    I'm not sure if i'll check out the L'oreal sale this year, i usually don't know its going on lol i just find tix at home from my aunt, so whenever she passes them on I try to go, but it's such a bitch to find parking.

    The best thing I found a couple of years ago was a Ralph Lauren Rocks gift pack, full perfume, lotion and body wash for $18!!! I was questioning the sales chick is "this the real price?!!" I should have gotten 2, i love the scent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...you made me giggle. You said 'the scent was sweat'...ewwwww. lol. Sorry...I hadda pick at ya for that lol. =P

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)