Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bluebell Fail

So I decided to layer Kleancolor's Chunky Holo Bluebell over NYX Girls Ink Heart. Kleancolor's smell... lol they are strong, but worth it for some of the interesting polishes they have. It looked super cool, but I think I layered on the coats a little too thick.



These photos are taken with 2 thick coats of Bluebell. It looks alright, right? It took a long time to dry, I will have to be a little more patient next time and build up the polish in thinner coats.



As you can see in the photos, this polish is pretty saturated with glitter for only 2 coats, Although I wouldn't recommend wearing it on it's own. Now for the unfortunate part...



This is what I woke up to the next morning, you may have to enlarge the photo to see the crazy bubbling I got :( It was so gritty to the touch, and it totally ruined the effect of the glitter. I couldn't take it anymore so I removed it that night, so sad!



I hope that it was just my rushed application and too thick coats that made the polish bubble. It was also hot when I woke up the next morning, do you think my body temperature could have effected the polish? Has anyone else had any problems with Kleancolors bubbling?

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh that is TOO bad. It looks lovely otherwise. I sure hope it was just the thickness of the coats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUMMER! Maybe if you build it slowly with thinner coats next time you won't have the bubbling problem. It's so pretty - how disappointing it turned out this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This looks stunning! I was so disappointed the other day when I received my MASSIVE shipment of Kleancolor glitter polishes like this one. They all go on so clumpy and thick and they take forever to dry and I always scuff them. Annoying! Nonetheless, this looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JQ - thanks, I hope so too, maybe a little bit of thinner will help the consistency a bit.

    Megan - I know, I was too impatient the night I applied it, but I paid for it in the end for sure, lesson learned

    imfeelingnail-venturous - really?! oh no, this was the first one I tried from my purchase, they are actually my first actual polishes from Kleancolor minus a matte top coat I purchased a couple years ago. I wish the formula was better, they really do have some pretty and unique glitters.

    Have you tried thinning yours out at all? I think I may with mine, hopefully it helps

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)