Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hauling in 30 Minutes or Less!

While waiting to meet up with my boyfriend last Friday I was lucky enough to be in the vicinity of a Sally's Beauty and a Trade Secrets... hauling ensued.

First stop was Trade Secrets, they had an awesome selection of soon to be discontinued OPI's, likely to be left overs from earlier collections, BOGO. I decided on Pirouette My Whistle and Did You Ear About Van Gogh?

Pirouette My Whistle is a glitter topper composed of white iridescent hex glitters and smaller silver glitter in a clear base.

Did You Ear About Van Gogh? is a beige/nude shade, very neutral. I would say it is a shade darker than My Vampire is Buff.

Next Stop, Sallys. Lucky for me today was the first day of their promo for 50% off all sale items! Unlucky for me, I forgot the other promo of buy two polishes and get the third free, I potentially should have gotten another polish free, oh well. My picks from the sale selection included China Glaze, Tail Me Something and Finger Paints, Psychedelic Hue. Both for under $5 total!



Tail Me Something was one of the polishes from the latest spring Sea Goddess collection I regretted not picking up when I had the chance. It is a purple textured polish with silver glitter.



Psychedelic Hue is a dense pastel flakie suspended in a clear base. I missed the Kaleidoscope collection the first time around but was not too interested in it to be honest. The one flakie that I liked the most was Psychedelic Hue which I was lucky enough to come across!




Since I had some more time to wait I headed over to Marshals where I came across a beautiful Color Club set. I am pretty sure this is not a new collection, or it may have been and someone rearranged the polishes. Either way, there was no titling on the packaging that mentioned this was a full collection. From left to right I have Wicker Park, Take Me To Your Chateau, East Austin, Mad About Mint, He Loves Me, Si Vous Please and Club Clear.


I didn't realize prior to purchasing that this set included Take Me To Your Chateau, as I already own it. I am also not in need of another pink, glitter topper and clear coat, so I am on the fence about gifting this set. It was only $9.99 which is an awesome price for seven polishes.


My favourites from this set are Wicker Park, East Austin and Mad About Mint. They are neon pastels and dry to a shiny finish, unlike most other neons.

4 comments:

  1. Nice haul! The CC polishes look really nice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are perfect for spring, I am wearing one right now! I hope to post it up before the end of the week.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you got some nice polishes in a short amount of time :) Love the CC polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if only I could figure out what collection they are all from, they appear to be a mish-mash!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)