Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My Vampire is Hot—Pink!

I decided I wanted to a non-traditional French tip. Something not so classic and more modern. What I decided on was a light, fully opaque base and a slip neon tip.


For my base I used OPI My Vampire is Buff, which as I mentioned in my last post  is an awesome neutral shade. It has more yellow undertones than pink, which work really great with my skintone. Two easy coats were applied to my nails.


Shortly after the base had some time to dry, I applied my hot pink tips. For this I used Color Club Raspberry Rush. Raspberry Rush is apart of the Wicked Sweet collection released in the summer of 2011. All of the polishes in the collection have a fruity scent. I would have assumed the scent of this polish I be raspberries, however to be it smelled exactly like my favorite flavour of bubblegum as a child, Bubblicious, Paradise Punch. Childhood memory below!!


The scent wasn't too overbearing, I really had to sniff my nails after they dried, and almost or got it was scented! I sure if it was applied to the while nail the scent would be stronger.

Using the brush from the polish, I carefully applied the neon shade to the very tips of my nails. With a steady hand and and quick swipe, I matched the other slim crescents on the rest of my nails. I wouldn't say it was 100% perfect, however I am really happy with the end result. I also do think my photos show off every imperfection but in person it looks a bit more flawless.

The one think I learned about using a neon on the tips of my nails is that they wear fairly quickly. Other than the slight tip wear to most the nails. This wore very well. I am also considering applying the same thing to my toes!

1 comment:

  1. I love the title of your post and of course the mani looks awesome :) I don't see much imperfections on the picture :), you've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)