Monday, November 1, 2010

Last Halloween mani

Hey Ladies,

I had so many ideas and so little time to create my Halloween themed manis. Unfortunately I didn't get all of the ones I had thought of doing done, but I do have one last one to share with you today.

The colour used is China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le, a light cornflower blue. I used 2 coats of secret peri-wink-le and 2 coats of (Wet n' Wild) Fantasy Makers glow-in-the-dark topcoat. The one thing I liked about this top coat (other than it glows in the dark!) is that it gives this hazy almost foggy look to the polish. This can be good or bad depending on what you want your polish to look like.



This was good for me, it was why I specifically wore this glow-in-the-dark polish, I have another that is clear once applied. This polish also lightened the colour of Secret Peri-wink-le and gave the polish a satin-like finish.



I love this bottle! I wish I had found more of these, I stumbled across this polish one day at Zellers, it was the last and only one and it was half off! I had been wanting this one for some time (partly because of the bottle), I'm loving the glow it has in the dark.

I finished off the look with a spider web fauxnad (bundle monster plate) on the ring fingers for a subtle Halloween look.

I hope to show a comparison between this glow-in-the-dark polish and the other I have once I figure out how to get my camera to photograph it!

One last picture for you guys, it's my Halloween cat Smokey, she was chilling with us yesterday as we carved the pumpkins :)


4 comments:

  1. I like how you used the spiderweb stamp. I would've never thought to use it as a tip decoration! I had a bottle of glow in the dark polish, but I think I tossed it because it was nowhere to be found. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Fantasy Makers glow in the Dark! I have black and I love the bottle too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that its not a in your face halloween mani, and quite wearable if you work :) and the polish is so pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan - thanks, i wish I had gotten better use out of that halloween themed BM plate. I had planned on wearing a bunch of "halloween" colours and creating a lot of nail art, but there was just not enough time in October!

    JQ - I love the bottle and it glows, its so great :)

    rasilla - thanks :) thats kinda why I did it, i knew I wasn't changing my polish on Monday and didn't want some crazy halloween mani for November lol

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)