Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Another Christmas-y Haul :)

Hey Ladies,

Today I have a quick post, yesterday was so busy I didn't have a chance to write a post. We did get our first real snow fall in Toronto yesterday though! It snowed all day and it was super pretty :)

Anyways, on to the polish. The First colour I had been seeing for a while now at a independent beauty supplier I frequent. I saw it in the sale section for months and though ick, I don't like that!

When the China Glaze Holiday collection was released I saw a colour that was similar that I was kind of on the fence about, this colour was Peace on Earth, the medium to deep olive green with a gold shimmer. This immediately reminded me of OPI - At Your Quebec and Call. This was the polish I had been seeing on sale for all those months. Now I had to have it! Not only was it cheaper and a littler deeper in colour (which I like), it was also a discontinued hard to find colour :)


I snatched this one up for $4.99 on the weekend while doing some Christmas shopping, an early gift for myself :)

The next mini haulage was done a week or two ago when me and my boyfriend headed to an outlet mall kind of accidentally! I picked up most of one of the latest fall/winter Revlon collection, I left out 1 (firefox I think), a little too bright for me.


What I did get was (left to right) Ruby Ribbon, Powder Puff and Emerald City.

I did some quick skittle swatches on my fingers a coupe of days ago to pick out which one I wanted to wear and Ruby Ribbon and Emerald City applied amazingly! I am wearing Ruby Ribbon right now and it's wear is awesome for a matte/suede finish! More on that tomorrow though ;)

Powder Puff, on the other hand, had a bit of application issues that I hope to work out before I do wear it. It is quite sheer so I may have to wear a neutral colour (not white) under to get rid of VNL.

I picked these polishes up for $2 each and I am super glad I did. I will talk more about formula and why these are so great tomorrow, but If you still see them, I would pick them up :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to see the Ruby Ribbon swatch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Your Quebec and Call looks so pretty! I really like darkish colors! I may have to get this i see everyone wearing it or the china glaze version. I like opi better than china glaze, the wear of opi is better for me. I can't wait to see swatches for At Your Quebec and Call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan - I should have that post up within the next half hour

    shortwidenails - I thought it was so ugly at first but I am loving it :) i sampled a swatch over Sally Hansen's Sequin Scandal and it's perfect! I agree about OPI polishes, they are great quality, China Glaze is good too, I haven't worn them lately, I mostly have bright, summery colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got the Revlon polishes for $2 each!? Lucky! I got "Emerald City" yesterday and it was almost $5.

    ~LinZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean, I have found the polishes for as much as $8 at some drugstores!! I wasn't going to pay that much so I waited and I'm glad I did :) Now If I can only find Perplexed for the same price ;)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)