Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Starry, Starry Night?... New Polish Stuffs :)

Hello ladies,

Today I have some polish stuff I purchased a couple of weeks ago, before my U.S trip last Friday. I don't have much but I still wanted to share.

First I have some discontinued Wet n' Wild polishes I picked up at a local flea market. A blue one instantly caught my eye when I was walking by the stand, but it was 2 for a $1.00 so I went digging to find another. I ended up going with the blue polish, Cosmopolitan, which is a deep blue jelly with tiny irregular shaped silver sparkles *cough* Essie Starry, Starry Night Dupe?



Not 100% convinced that it is an exact dupe, but I think it comes pretty close. The shine in this polish, so pretty, super glossy and the glitter is not gritty at all. I'm really happy I found this one :) Below is a close up of the bottle.




The next polish is called Nymph, and is an off white looking, light gray. The formula is actually pretty good on this one. It's a cream and only needs 2 coats to reach full opacity. The first coat applies super smooth. I defiantly need to head to the flea market more often, even if there are only 2 decent polishes out of the whole mess of crap that they have lol.



Moving on, a couple of weeks back I did a review on the Born Pretty Store with some products they sent to me. Since then I had purchased a set of 5 dotting tools which I am happy to inform you arrived pretty speedy now that the holidays are over.



As you can see, the size ranges and they are double sided, so basically it's like having 10 different dotting tools.



I played around with these a little bit, but I need to come up with some ideas for nail art before I use them on a full mani. Anyone have any suggestions or online tutorials they would like to share on creating designs with dotting tools? Please let me know :)

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking of buying a doting tool too, but don't know if I have the patience to actually think of a design and then use them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    I really like your blog and checkback regularly for updates - because your blog is great, and because you are one of the few Canadian nail blogs I've come across. Dotting tools are great for adding in details to konad manis. Where there are dots or empty spaces in the stamp I sometimes add in different colors with the dotting tool (Especially for floral stamps). I also wanted to ask and hope you'd tell what flea markets or other places you've been able to find cheap/discounted polish at? I'm always on the hunt for a polish bargain and never seem to luck out where I look.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. natasha - thank you very much for your kind comment :) It's good to know that people actually appreciate and regularly come back to visit my blog, it makes me want to work harder on it. Great tip for the dotting tools also :)

    I tried to access your blogger profile but it seems to be private, if you want to leave me your email or email me directly I can give you a list of some great places in Toronto to check out for nail polish!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)