Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Haulin' - Revlon Edition

I have a quick haul to share with you today. I was shopping at one of my favorite outlet malls and came across some polish for 3 for $5. I told myself only three, but some of these shades I had never heard of before! My lovely boyfriend searched swatches for each one and I knew I had to double up!

Left to right is Revlon (Parfumerie) Italian Leather, (Colorstay) Provence and Elusive


Italian Leather is one of those polishes the had rave reviews so I decided to try it out for myself. It is a neutral brown creme with a gold shimmer. It also has a slight, sweet scent when it dries which I'm not too crazy about. One coat is shown in the swatch below, very good formula.

Provence is a light lilac creme and the first of the Colorstay to make it in to my collection. One coat is show in the swatch below.

Elusive is made up of green and blue glitter in various shapes and sizes in a black crelly base. It dries to a satin finish which dulls the beauty of the polish. I would definitely add a topcoat to this one. The formula was thin, two coats are shown in the swatch below.


The next three polishes are apart of the Haute Rocks collection. After doing some research online I found that these were actually released last year! I hadn't even heard of them, but apparently they are limited edition "pebbled textured" polishes. These are super dense glitters that dry to a satin/matte finish. The bottles looked super cool, almost like a mosaic, but since I had never heard of these polishes before I had my boyfriend look up some swatches before making up my decision on which ones I wanted. I decided on (left to right) Moroccan Oasis, Seychells Sand and Lana'l Lagoon.


Moroccan Oasis is the most complex of the three made up of blue, gold and lavender holo hex glitter with tiny blue micro glitter in a crelly white base. The formula was easy to work with and built up to full opacity. Two coats are shown in the swatch below.

Seychells Sand is made up of small hex gold holo glitter and larger glitter hex pieces in a light white crelly base. This one also was easy to work with and built up to opacity easily. Two coats are shown in the swatch below.

Lana'l Lagoon is made up of green, blue and silver glitter of various shapes and sizes in a blue crelly base. This one was a litter thinner than the previous too, you can see it is a little patch at two coats in the swatch below.


I was lucky enough to pick these up on sale and will have to check out the shop again the next time I am in the area.

2 comments:

  1. I am eyeing on that Seychells Sand. I find it pretty and I usually prefer that kind of texture for they seem to last longer than others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will try it out on my toes, I need to change up my pedi ASAP!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)